Saturday, March 27, 2010

+ sxsw 2010

My annual return to this wonderful blue oasis is always rewarding, where the locals are charming and the music plentiful.


Washed Out was one of my highlights - he had such a great presence and just summed up the party vibe of the week for me. I wish I could have seen him more than once.


I saw Small Black many times, more by coincidence than design but they were good value everytime.


A new experience was spending the day at the French Legation Museum, a little off the main 6th St block downtown where most of the shows occur. The weather was ripe for lawn-sitting and hearing watery psych bliss from the likes of Woods...


...and super intense (but funny) synth jams from Dam-Funk.


A special shoutout to my Austin friends Jesse Lee and Blake, who were impeccable hosts/tourguides and always make me feel home in Austin.

More photos in the flickr set.

No comments:

Post a Comment