Sunday, April 4, 2010

+ Main Street

Main St is less tourist-orientated than the Third St Promenade precinct of Santa Monica, but still a nice walkable area (especially from the apartment). There are decent cafes, some boutiques and a whole bunch of council buildings.


Like City Hall.


And the Civic Auditorium.


This lovely art deco mural was rather unfortunately painted over in parts with white paint. What a shame. Also, a large mobile home was inconveniently parked in front of it so I couldn't take a wider shot.


I don't know if this is the real deal from the movie, but the store window it was sitting in suggests it could be. It was kept company by an array of vintage tin toys and novelties.


Main St is also an easy distance to the beach.


By the end of the shops in the drag, I found myself on the border of Venice and Santa Monica, though I didn't venture any further south. If cheap, crappy trinkets and airbrushed artworks of reggae artists are your thing, look no further!


These ladies caught my eye though.

No comments:

Post a Comment